Sunday, July 7, 2013

My literary thumbprint,

As an avid reader I amaze as to the variety of subjects that have grabbed my attention over the years. A few years ago when I bought my first laptop computer and discovered the Internet, having just moved out of the deep woods of BC. I started thinking of books that I'd read, and I created a docier of thumbnail photos of the covers of those books that I clipped from the web. As it grew I became aware of the significance of making that docier, I was recording my literary discovery path which is as unique to me as my thumbprint. And with every book that I remembered, I was flooded with the memories and feelings of its time, place and circumstances. Memories more profound even than those conjured up by smells and odours. I call that my literary thumbprint. So, I'm working at developing and understanding the usefulness of this exercise, stay tuned for more reflections later,

1 comment:

  1. Love this! As it so happens, I came across your blog doing a google search of the term literary thumbprint because I make booklover thumbprint portraits and many of the blog posts that have popped up online have used that term to describe them......https://www.etsy.com/listing/105172149/custom-portrait-for-the-book-lover-using?

    Have a great weekend, fellow book lover!

    Take care,

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete