Thursday, December 9, 2010

How shelving happened


Well once all the sanding and staining was done and the Jigs were made , it was time to assemble.
It was a long haul but the jigs made it an efficient job. I had bought 4 white melamine shelves earlier and decided to use them even though they did not match with the oak shelving. That having been said , the assembled shelves looked pretty good. I made eleven shelves to start with, in 3 different models:a double depth size (I made 4), a single depth size (I made 4), and a two sided version (I made 3). They are 2 feet wide and 6 1\2 feet tall. I have salvaged enough oak and parts to make 35 or so more for some time in the future. That's me with the first shelf and the Jig in the background. Next step , put 'em all together and bring em to the store...

No comments:

Post a Comment